Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Temp. Part-time)
REMOTE, REMOTE, US
Requisition ID: 1236
Reports to: Provost & Senior Vice President
Position: Temporary, Part-Time (4-6 month contract)
Wage Range: $20.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Applications will not be considered complete unless both a resume and cover letter are uploaded. Do not use Easy Apply. To apply for this position
Fielding Graduate University is an innovative global community dedicated to educating scholars, leaders, and practitioners in pursuit of a more just and sustainable world. We do this by providing exemplary interdisciplinary programs within a distributed and relational learning model grounded in student-driven inquiry and leading to enhanced knowledge. Fielding has approximately 1,050 students and 150 faculty members residing throughout the United States and internationally. Please visit our website at www.fielding.edu to learn more.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to work remotely on a part-time 20-hour per week basis.
Reports to the Executive Assistant to the Provost and Senior Vice President for assignments related to the duties of faculty governance and the Office of DEI. Also provides administrative support for the VP DEI activities in a manner that reflects the University and the Office of DEI priorities and the University’s mission, vision, and values. Serves as secretary to and generates reports, minutes, and communications on behalf of the Office of DEI and the Global Inclusion Council, Bias Response Team, as well as University committees (i.e., Senate Leadership Committee (SLC), the Policy Review Committee (PRC), and Learning Community and Technology Committee (LCTC). Administers face-to-face and online meetings for these committees and facilitates broad support and communication within them. Maintains an overall standard of excellence and manages projects as assigned.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in higher education, business or related field, or equivalent work experience. Two years of previous experience providing administrative support in an academic or business setting.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to effectively handle competing priorities, meet deadlines, follow up on assignments and do detailed work in order to successfully complete projects.
- Ability to make sound independent decisions with a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to work independently, anticipate potential issues, and collaborate with others to propose solutions.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, draw conclusions, prepare written findings, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written communication skills to draft, edit and proofread a variety of documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization as well as external constituents.
- Proficient in MS Office products with the ability to provide support around university-utilized technical products such as Moodle and MS 365.
- Knowledge and understanding of the University and VPDEI objectives and responsibilities
- Independent judgment in the management of continually fluctuating priorities
- Leadership ability, including the ability to lead group and teams through logistical processes
- Ability to provide sound, fact-based advice and influence decisions
- Ability to initiate and complete projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Research capabilities
- Good professional relationships with individuals across the campus community
- Ability to collect pertinent data for current or future projects; create database of materials; achieve maximum impact/exposure for projects via medium used; presentation of materials and distribution.
FIELDING’S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Improving diversity, equity and inclusion is an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote collaborative learning and change through attracting, retaining, graduating, and honoring a more diverse population of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community friends. Fielding’s commitment to social and ecological justice is part of our explicit commitment to understanding, analyzing, and acting to reduce inequality, oppression, and social stratification, recognizing the linkages between economic, social, racial and ecological justice. The University strives to ensure that the values of DEI are embodied in all academic programs and course content, and also in faculty, staff and student performance and assessment. We challenge our community to think boldly and take specific actions that are realistic and measurable. By working here, you join a diverse and vibrant community that advances Fielding’s world-changing mission in meaningful ways, inspires innovation and collaboration, and builds skills and expertise.
Thank you for considering employment with Fielding Graduate University. Our employees are among our most valued resources, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce comprised of talented, qualified, and hardworking individuals. We strive to take good care of our employees and their families with excellent benefits, and to provide a stimulating and supportive work environment with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Fielding Graduate University utilizes ADP Workforce Now for online applications. You will be prompted to create a user name and password to initiate the application process. Applications will not be considered complete unless both a resume and cover letter are uploaded. Do not use Easy Apply. Applicants are encouraged to have their employment history, educational information, and professional references on hand while completing the application. The online application process takes approximately 30-60 minutes. Upon completion, applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via email.
Fielding Graduate University is committed to inclusive excellence and encourages diversity and inclusivity in all its enterprises. As an equal opportunity employer committed to social justice, we value and welcome individuals of all ages, abilities, backgrounds, beliefs, genders, gender identities, gender expressions, marital status, national origins, race and ethnicities, religious affiliations, sexual orientations, veteran status – and other visible and nonvisible differences. We seek employees who are committed to creating a respectful, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all community members.
91 total views, 1 today