Administrative Assistant (Remote – Home Based Worker)
Location: Remote, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Administrative Assistant Specialist role is responsible for supporting the department with the routine day to day administrative tasks. The role will be processing and preparing presentations and documents for their designated area along with solving problems related to specific tasks with minimal supervision. The Specialist will be responsible for coordinating schedules to set up meetings via virtual or in person and screen telephone calls. Provide comprehensive and diversified administrative support to an Officer by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization.
- Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize reports and presentations
- Proactively take responsibility for calendar management by maintaining appointment schedules
- Open, sort, review and organize incoming/outgoing correspondence
- Independently draft/compose routine correspondence (including e-mail) from verbal direction or from knowledge of processes and procedures
- Work on a variety of special projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Work with junior and senior level technical staff, intercompany group leaders and office leaders as well as area and corporate management to make certain their needs are addressed in a timely, professional manner
- Provides complex screening, fielding, prioritizing of inbound communications via telephone, mail, and e-mail to resolve critical issues in a timely manner
- Prepare and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs
- Monitoring expenses for the office with a responsibility to budget adherence; review and coordinate approval of all expenses including processing accounts payable invoices
- This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills using strong interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one’s own work as well as the work of others
- Able to assess workload and re-prioritize as needed, handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to deal with interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency
- Ability to influence and persuade various internal and external constituents to drive projects to completion
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
Compensation offered for this role is $42,500.00-$78,875.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.