Ad Copywriter (Freelance)
Book of the Month is an e-commerce book subscription company that gives readers their choice of the best new and early-release reads each month. Our mission is to help readers discover new books they love and promote the careers of emerging authors.
We are looking for an ambitious copywriter to write compelling, succinct, and cheeky copy aimed to drive click-through rates and conversion rate from ads and on-site to improve our customer acquisition efforts. Examples of projects include: Website landing page tests to increase conversion rate, short-form video scripts for paid social advertising, and other paid and organic marketing copy.
This is a remote, project-based freelance position about 10-20-hours per week, but we are open to long-term and or full-time contracts.
- Concept, pitch, write, and iterate on short-form video scripts for paid social advertising across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Write and iterate on short-form conversion copy for website landing pages, emails, and other marketing channels.
- Embody the Book of the Month value propositions and voice to produce copy aligned with conversion goals.
- Actively embrace a feedback and iterative culture, continuously seeking out collaboration and pivoting messaging to align with project goals.
- Ability to follow project deadlines and briefs and proactively ask questions to ensure business objectives of projects are met.
- 4+ years of copywriting experience, ad or conversion-driven copywriting experience required
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to brand voice and experience writing witty/humorous copy strongly preferred.
- You have experience working with DTC brands
- You like to iterate and take feedback to achieve the best outcomes
- You love books and reading!