Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
G&A – ACCOUNTING
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
About the role
Side is looking for an AP Specialist to join our team! You’ll work alongside the Accounting team on various projects and provide support with day to day duties and interact regularly with internal stakeholders and various levels of management. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with our Finance, Legal and Procurement functions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations as part of the month close process for areas including Cash, Accounts Payable, and Accruals
- Manage the AP mailbox and enter invoices in Workday in accordance with GAAP and Side’s Chart of Accounts; ensure that all invoices are paid by the due date
- Monitor the settling and reconciliation of all Corporate banking transactions; review cash transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Update and maintain supplier profiles within Workday
- Support and collaborate with the Concierge and Accounting team members on an as needed basis
- Review and verify proper documentation for employee expense reimbursements against the Company’s expense policy
- Support the implementation and deployment of our new Procurement policy
- Adhoc accounting projects
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT?
- Finance or Accounting major
- Proficient in Excel
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Able to effectively work independently and with a team
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
We offer competitive compensation packages which include meaningful equity.
We cover 100% of your health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance for you and 70% for your dependents. We also cover up to $5,000 for adoption & fertility related expenses.
On top of great healthcare coverage, we provide a flexible PTO, 401(k), wellness stipend, professional development stipend, EAP, and more. Please reach out to us to get our full benefit list.
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.