Accounting Manager – Remote
Finance Santa Barbara, California
At ProductPlan, we believe in doing what mattersand that begins with the culture we create. Our values are Heart, Humility, and Hustle. Together we work hard, laugh hard, and support one another to build the product roadmap software behind today’s leading companies.
We’re looking for an experienced accounting manager who will own our financial statement preparation, general ledger accounting, and partner with FP&A to drive the business forward.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions
- Oversees Accounts Receivable Clerk and may manage relationship with third-party bookkeeping firm
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization
- Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements
- Maintains the general ledger
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Supports tax preparer in completing and filing tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required
- CPA or CPA-eligible preferred
- A minimum of two to five years of relevant experience in public accounting or in-house accounting functions, with SaaS experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / G-Suite or related software
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to direct and supervise staff
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
ProductPlan was founded in 2013 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California. Our talented distributed team is now located all over the world. We are friends, coworkers, trivia nuts, musical wizards, moms, dads, engineers, designers, worm farmers, bee keepers, marketers, support, human beings, and so much more – all of us are unique which feeds into the beauty of our culture and our product. ProductPlan has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We share 3 core values that are central to everything that we do – hustle, humility and heart and we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
Originally, we created ProductPlan to liberate people from building roadmaps using cumbersome tools like spreadsheets and slide decks. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is todaya system of record for product-led companies, worldwide.