About the Company
Founded in 2001 and with a long history of working with nonprofits and mission-driven organizations across the country, Alboum Translation Services is a certified woman-owned and operated language services company offering document and website translation, editing, and multilingual graphic design services. We also provide over the phone and video-based interpretation, as well as complementary language services including website content management, transcription, subtitling, and voiceovers.
Alboum is the only language services firm in the United States that specifically serves nonprofits and mission-driven organizations, and the for profit organizations that support them. We serve as a true partner to our clients – working with organizations on projects large and small, planned and unexpected, long-term and rapid turnaround. Clients appreciate our responsiveness, commitment to quality, and understanding of nonprofit culture.
About the Role
The accounting manager is responsible for management of financial transactions for the company.
Alboum has a reputation for excellent customer service and responsiveness to client needs. This individual is a valued, essential team member and helps ensure we are as efficient with our financial management as we are with the services we provide.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable: Issue invoices, follow up on outstanding invoices, reconcile deposits with outstanding A/R (daily)
- Accounts Payable: Review incoming invoices from resources and vendors, make payments (weekly)
- Partner Reporting: Run reports on payments due to cooperative purchasing partners, make payments (monthly, quarterly)
- Bookkeeping: Reconcile all transactions across bank accounts, credit cards, and QuickBooks Online (weekly)
- Reporting: Run regular financial reports and interface with CPA to provide additional reports or details (quarterly)
- Client Communications: Respond to client inquiries and questions regarding invoicing, POs, and reconciliation (daily)
- Internal Communications: Follow up with other team members as required to clarify transactions and address questions from vendors (daily)
Attention to detail is critical to success in this role. Additionally, while this is a “behind the scenes” role, Alboum views every team member as a contributor to our reputation for being a friendly, responsive company. As such, strong, professional communications skills and responsiveness to client needs are essential.
- Fully proficient in QuickBooks Online
- Comfortable learning new online applications. Alboum utilizes industry-specific project management tools that the Accounting Manager will need to learn and use in their work
- Minimum 3 years experience with bookkeeping or accounting processes
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Strong communications skills
- Passion for small business
This is a full-time W-2 position. This position is remote and can be done from anywhere in the world so long as the individual is mostly available during regular business hours (9 am – 5 pm EST).
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid holidays and personal time
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Retirement plan