Is Paypal Work from Home Strategy a Success?
In the fintech realm, PayPal work from home is truly a pioneer. Known for its person-to-person money transfers and a convenient alternative to traditional payment methods, the California-based company has remained at the top of its industry for nearly 25 years. While PayPal was a preferred payment method of companies, online retailers, freelancers, and e-commerce businesses, it was one of the rare businesses that grew during the COVID pandemic. Due to its long-lasting innovation in the industry, many aspiring remote workers put PayPal remote jobs at the top of their list of coveted jobs.
And with a dedication to fully remote work, PayPal is an excellent choice for workers of all skill levels, remote work experience, and area of expertise. Read on to find out more about PayPal remote jobs and what makes PayPal a great company to work for.
A Brief History of PayPal
Founded in 1998 in Palo Alto, California, PayPal was the brainchild of entrepreneurs Peter Thiel, Max Levchin, and Luke Nosek. While the company originally started as a cybersecurity software firm, it quickly pivoted to digital wallets the following year. In 2002, the company went public via an initial public offering, generating $61 million.
However, the true growth of PayPal occurred later in 2002 when eBay purchased the company for $1.5 billion. After its purchase and fueled by assistance from eBay, PayPal focused on expanding its reach globally. By 2007, the company expanded into Europe and beyond, generating billions of dollars in sales and becoming a payment method for over 1,000 retail stores, including Amazon, JetBlue, and US Airways.
Following eBay’s divesture in 2016, PayPal became its own company for the first time since 2002. With the addition of Venmo, partnerships with MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, and an entrance into the cryptocurrency space, the company continues to expand and grow with ferocity. Today, the company has 377 million regular users in over 200 countries and territories, becoming one of the most successful fintech companies in the history of the world.
Does PayPal Allow Remote Work?
Although PayPal was tailor-made for success during the pandemic due to its online platform, it wasn’t until COVID that the company publicly endorsed a remote work policy. According to the company, it’s “committed to helping employees maintain balance between the demands of their work and personal lives.” Since 2020, PayPal has offered telecommuting and flexi-work arrangements, known as MyBalance. However, workers must apply for each work arrangement for approval.
If approved, the telecommuting option allows workers to work 100% from home, provided they attend virtual meetings, meet deadlines, and work regular hours. However, this program isn’t available to all workers. Plus, all PayPal work from home jobs require the worker to have:
- Notebook or desktop system loaded with company-compliant software
- Internet access (cable or DSL)
- Dedicated telephone line for Internet dial-up and an alternate way to communicate with the office (cell phone or alternate phone line)
The MyBalance program is a flexible work arrangement that functions as a hybrid work style. Employees can work from home during core hours, but they may also be required to go into the office on certain occasions.
Why PayPal Is a Top-Rated Employer
For over 20 years, PayPal has been a top employer in the eyes of the people who work there. According to Great Place to Work, PayPal is one of the best places to work based on a variety of categories and surveys. Some of its praise from employees includes an overall approval rating of 90% compared to a 53% approval rating for other similarly sized businesses. PayPal also reaches 90%-plus approval ratings for:
- Trustworthy and ethical management
- Competent management that allows employees to grow with the company
- Giving employees the resources and equipment they need to do their job adequately
PayPal work from home also offers job opportunities in a number of different departments, allowing people of all different backgrounds to excel. Some of the areas that have PayPal jobs include:
- Customer service
- Software engineering
- Human resources
View & Apply for PayPal Work from Home Jobs
PayPal Work from Home Employee Perks and Benefits
PayPal is also ranked as a top employer based on employee perks and benefits, as well as overall compensation on the job. Many of its jobs offer salaries of six figures, even for some of its mid-level positions. On top of compensation, PayPal work from home schemes has a number of perks and benefits that make it a great employer for remote workers:
- 401(k) savings plan with a 4% match up to $20,500
- Employee stock purchase plan with a 15% discount on all stock purchases
- 13 paid holidays and a generous paid time off program
- Consumer directed health plan with a Health Savings Account or medical insurance with a $300 deductible
- Virtual health care, including mental health or a consultation with a doctor
- Wellness resources, such as crisis care, 24/7 emotional support resources, and an employee assistance program
- GlobalFit gym membership that gives workers the opportunity to join one of 10,000 gyms across the U.S. for $10 a month
- Financial coaching and a financial wellness app
- Special Awards, which are performance-based awards given to exceptional employees in the form of recognition and cash
- Life insurance and disability benefits
PayPal’s Awards as an Employer
With the company’s dedication to remote work, top-notch perks, and the ability to work for a household name, PayPal work from home jobs are at the top of the list for many workers. And rightfully so. Over the past decade, PayPal work from home strategy has brought plenty of honors for being an excellent employer, social responsibility, and more. For workers looking for employment with the fintech giant, these awards and other programs should make them even more excited.
- Best Company for Perks and Benefits (2018 and 2019)
- Best Company Compensation (2018)
- 75 $20,000 grants given annually to charities and organizations in the U.S. and 22 other countries
- $5 million grant program for black-owned businesses
- Engage for Good Golden Halo Award (2021)
View & Apply for PayPal Work from Home Jobs
How To Improve Your Chances of Working for PayPal
With a business model geared toward fully remote work and flexible scheduling for employees, PayPal provides an excellent opportunity for aspiring remote workers to find a rewarding job. However, competition for PayPal work from home jobs is fierce. You need something to separate you from the pack.
With full listings of PayPal work from home openings, career services, and job coaching, remotejobs.ninja has all the tools and resources you need to land a job at PayPal.